Worldwide OperationsConcentrating on the core business, and deploying knowledge and people at the right moment are long time values in the maritime and industrial/construction sector. Oceanwide has been in the employment agency business helping the maritime and industrial/construction industry meet safety, quality and efficiency standards since as early as 1976. With offices in 10 different countries including Cyprus, Germany, Indonesia, Mexico, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore and the USA, Oceanwide has highly qualified crew for the maritime and industrial/construction sector. We also have a network of agents in several other countries. Our offices and agents recruit a talented workforce which gives us the flexibility to work with our United States based customers who not only do business in the U.S. but also other areas of the world. www.oceanwidecrew.com. The Oceanwide Group of Companies is owned by Humares www.humares.com/en
United States OperationsIn the United States, Oceanwide has been in operation since 1987 with our corporate office located in Houston, TX. In 2013, we opened an office in Thibodaux, LA to better serve our many Louisiana customers. Oceanwide can help in the situation of critical capacity problems, and also as full service agency that can solve all personnel related issues on a structural and long term basis.
Overview of ServicesWe can assist you in many different ways including contract/temporary labor, temp to perm, permanent recruitment and selection, total crew management and Human Resource consulting.
Over the years Oceanwide has built a solid and reliable relationship with our clients, which include both small and large companies within the maritime and industrial/construction sector. By carefully matching the proper highly qualified personnel with the correct job openings - from master to AB, from chief engineer to mechanic, from welder/fitter to rigger - we assure that both our clients and employees will be more that satisfied with our services.
Our crewOceanwide has an extensive database of versatile and capable maritime and industrial/ construction personnel. We are able to supply personnel for a variety of challenging projects, varying from small highly specialized projects, to the most extensive projects. As a result of the large scope and variety of projects we have worked with in the past, we have gained a wealth of experience and insight.
Give us a call and we will work with you to meet your specific needs, whether it is short term or long term solutions.
Corporate Social Responsibility
At Oceanwide we take pride in our Corporate Social Responsibility policy. Below is a copy of the policy, which comprises a policy statement and a set of business principles.
As employer in the global labor market, Oceanwide affects the work and lives of individuals, as well as having an impact on companies all over the world and on society as a whole. Given this position of responsibility, Oceanwide will make every effort to ensure that its business interests are in harmony with the interests of its stakeholders - internal employees, flex workers, clients, shareholders, society at large and, last but not least, the environment. We do so in the belief that long-term success can only be achieved in an environment that provides sustainable benefits to all stakeholders.
Our role as an intermediary implies that whenever possible we also take care of the external employees working for our clients. This policy has been translated into the following business principles, which apply to all employees of Oceanwide:
- We comply with both international regulations and local legislation at all times.
- All our employees will be permitted to stay and work in the country to which they are assigned.
- All our employees will be paid wages that are, at the very least, in line with the minimum wage enforced by international or national law in the country concerned or local industry benchmark standards.
- Our candidates will never be required to pay a fee for their mediation - neither to us nor to our recruitment agents.
- We promote diversity and strive for equal opportunities. We do not discriminate against candidates.
- We will do everything within our power to eliminate discrimination in the workplace.
- We will promote the candidates with the best skills to our clients, regardless of their country of origin.
- We oppose child labor and all forms of forced or compulsory labor and will do everything within our power to eradicate such practices.
- Health and safety in the workplace is one of the company's top priorities.
- We will play an active role in improving the health and safety of all our internal employees.
- The health and safety of our external employees in the workplace will be an important issue for discussion with our clients.
- We will not do business with clients who cannot guarantee basic health and safety standards for staff.
- We oppose excessive working hours and will ensure that the working hours of both internal and external employees comply with national and international rules and regulations and benchmark industry standards.
- We support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- We oppose and will work to fight corruption in all forms, including extortion and bribery.
- We will always be transparent in our reporting and honest to our stakeholders in terms of what they can expect; we will always seek to 'do what we promise.'
- We will strive to reduce the adverse impact of our activities on the environment.